The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Bon Anniversaire

One year ago, exactly today, I fell in love. For the first time in my life I felt that connection, that you hear about and see movies about, but aren't ever really sure that it'll happen to you. It happened to me. It was the most perfect date that I've ever been on. No awkward silences, easy communication and that extra something that words can't define. He wasn't a schmoozer, he was real and tangible and best of all, funny. The relationship ran it's course and eventually we discovered that we just couldn't make things work, we were too inherently different and unwilling to compromise. But I walked away a changed person, irrevocably. As my first love, he will always hold a place in my heart. Today I mourn, for the things that might have been.

I love meeting new people. Especially people that I really like. Last night at Broadway Under the Stars, I had the unbelievably good fortune to meet Megan, Eric and Keith, people who had ACTUALLY had the pleasure of being touched by Madonna. Life does not get any better, in my estimation.

BTW- no call yet. No expectations......