The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, June 06, 2005

A Narrow Escape

No worries! My crap-tastic taste in men is still alive and well! Just because I haven't been takin' off any clothes for anyone in at least 2 weeks, doesn't mean that I'm not still a Dickhead magnet! Saturday night- party on the roof of a lovely Battery Park City apartment building. Sitting around a table, minding my own business, snarfing on the chips and guacamole with a couple of good girlfriends. Boys come, they join us. One of them becomes particularly enamored of me. He tells me he wants to "date me". I'm serious. He asks me to play tennis with him. He asks me if he can jog around the reservoir with me. No, No and No. Thanks. He then proceeded to continue these shenanigans with multiple other girls at the party. I actually have to confess, I would have gone out with him if a time and date had ever been established. But after learning of his deranged come-ons to everyone else with estrogen, I was very pleased that nothing concrete had ever been determined. I escaped his Dickhead cluthes, narrowly. Hopefully next time I will be able to indentify the Dickhead gene sooner. Next time, I won't even consider going out with the Dickhead and progress will be made! I'm learning! I'm growing!

So, that's about it for the excitement of my weekend. Except I was at a dinner party last night where my best friend got bench-pressed by a very handsome, muscular man, who is way too nice for my taste. That was a lot of fun.

Can I make a confession? You all have to promise not to judge me. I am minorly obsessed with Missed Connections on Craigs List. I love it. I read it almost daily. People see people that they are attracted to, don't say anything to them, but then post something on this website trying to find them. I love it! Anyway. I had a missed connection on Friday morning on the subway. I posted about it! I can't even believe I did that! That is so not me! Anyway, I've had a couple of responses, and I'm not sure which one is the right one, but the potential is so exciting, it's all I can do not to jump out of my seat.

And..... wrap!