The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A day at the beach.....

I once had to describe my perfect day, and yesterday was it, almost exactly. I went to the beach with a big group of girlfriends and had an amazing, amazing time. We played beach volleyball, we laid out in the sun, we discussed men and their penises. It was perfect. Then we dragged our sandy, wet asses back into Manhattan, and decided to all meet for a movie later. There's something about spending some time looking like crap, you feel an almost desperate need to compensate for it by then proceeding to look amazing. All of us girls showed up at the movie having gone balls-out in the hair and makeup. It was just a movie, but both high heels and skirts were present. I love days with the girls. I love removing the pressure of the presence of men and being free to be a girl with the girls.

I have to see Mr. Wrong today. He called me the night before I left on vacation, approximately 10 times, wanting to come over. I told him no, repeatedly, but he kept calling, until at least 2 am. It was weird. Then, when I got back from vacation, he had left the night before to go on vacation, so, I haven't seen him in 2 weeks. I long for it and dread it simultaneously.

Labels: