The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, May 13, 2005

My Life

Things that I've done in my life-

Watched the sun set on the Baltic Sea, held the hand of a friend as she learned the results of an HIV test, climbed to the top of St. Paul's in London, St. Peter's in Rome and St. Isaacs in St. Petersburg; moved to New York City without a job or knowing a single person, lain next to someone and known that I would die for them because I loved them so much (a boy person, non-related), sat by my sister's side during the ultrasound that told her the gender of her second child, said goodbye forever to someone who had cared for me and loved me like a daughter and I had loved her like a mother, laughed until I cried, stayed up all night long talking to someone because we knew each other better than anyone else in the whole world and there was never enough time to say everything we wanted to say, cried on the phone with my brother as we mourned the death of his brand new baby girl, watched my father walk out on my whole family, swam in both the Atlantic and the Pacific Ocean, been in a water taxi in Venice that was pulled over for speeding, experienced unbelievable passion, fired an Uzi- in Russia, cried all night with a best friend after the 3rd part of our triumvirate had just married the biggest asshole we had ever met, held my brand-new niece in my arms and experienced a love that I had never felt before, bawled like a baby in McDonalds in Moscow because I didn't want to go home, been overcome with joy and fear.

Something I still cannot master- identifying a man that will treat me like garbage and staying away from him.