The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Clarity

I went to a Yankee game last night. Even my love of Derek Jeter has been tainted by recent experiences. I found myself watching him and thinking, 'I bet even he is a dickhead!' He acts like he's all noble with his charity foundation etc, etc but I bet he doesn't call girls back. Oh, how could I have such horrible thoughts about my beloved! So, I woke up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I never sleep very well when I've got big things on my mind, and these last few nights have been no exception. So I laid there for a few hours and then decided, fuck it, I'm going to the gym! So I got up and ran out my aggression. It was very cathartic. 3 miles worth of therapy. I love running because I always make great decisions about my life on the treadmill. I see things so clearly when I'm sweating like a pig at 5 miles an hour. When I'm in the zone, I know that I should never, ever get anywhere near Mr. Wrong again and see every perfect reason why. I'm not troubled by the buts and the what ifs. I know that I should not make any more attempts at communication with Dickhead (that's my nickname for the guy from Friday night) and even though it was the best action I've ever had, EVER, it's not worth it to sacrifice all shred of self-respect for a nice piece of ass. Maybe I should stop going out. Everytime I think about getting my groove on, I'll just go running. Of course that could be problematic if things ever get off the ground with Gym Boy, who I haven't seen for AGES, but I'll cross that bridge if I ever come to it.

In the meantime- peace out. Don't settle for someone who doesn't deserve you, that's my chinese fortune cookie to everyone out there today.