The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Gettin' physical

How do you know when you've hit that place where you can officially say that you're over someone? Can you ever say that you're completely over someone? Do you ever lose every miniscule bit of love that you ever felt for them? I feel like I can say that I'm finally over the ex- I feel like I'm liberated from my emotions for him. But, how do you know for sure?

I'm done with mail room guy. I realized how skeevy I was being trying to hook up with someone that I know has a girlfriend. That is seriously bad form. Especially because I feel so strongly about cheating- it's a total dealbreaker for me. I will not stay together with someone who cheats on me. So, my new resolve is to not talk about or flirt outrageously with him, starting right now.

There's a guy at the gym that I have been lusting after for ages. I generally position myself on a cardio machine that has an unhindered view of him. I get bored easily and it keeps me seriously entertained being able to watch him. Last night- he made eyes at me, all night. I have no idea what to do, or how to proceed. How do you strike up a conversation with someone at the gym without being a total idiot. Is that even possible? Can I walk up to him and say, "Uh, I can't think of anything I would like more than to rip that tank top off and lick you all over"? What do you do if you get rejected and the whole gym has been witness to this? You can't ever go back again! Augh. I need to stop being such a chicken and make something happen. As long as I play my, I'm-aloof game, he's never going to talk to me, no matter how much eye contact I make. No more machinations, take action already, that's my new mantra.