The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, April 11, 2005

idiot!

Thursday night, I had dinner with some friends. 3 girls, 1 boy. I had met the boy previously, he had proven himself to be a bit of a flirt. But, dinner sort of blew me away. The flirting was heavy and the winking profuse. He was cute, relatively intelligent and there was definitely a connection. Both of my friends remarked on it after we left. But, I have been in this position before and I have learned not to read anything into actions such as these. He was my similar religion and men in my religion have a habit of doing this, to me especially. It's a problem that I have a laid-back, easy-going, I'm-up-for-a-spot-of-fun personality. Men read into this that they can play around with me, flirt with me, without any sort of repercussions to themselves. I hate this. I walked away from dinner confused about the boy's actions. My friends were convinced that he was interested. I, was a little more doubtful. Sunday, I was talking to one of the friends that had been at dinner. He had called her the next day, asked her out and kissed her on Saturday. I'm sorry, but what the fuck? He barely acknowledged her at dinner. Not to mention, she just got out of a serious relationship and has turned into ex-girlfriend from hell. She's completely irrational about the ex and it's all she effing talks about. I can't take much more of her whining and my head spins in agony when she invites me out someplace, because I can't stomach the thought of an evening with her, but don't have the heart to be bitchy and give her the cold shoulder. On top of all of her annoying character flaws, she's high maintenance. Seriously high maintenance. Anyway. I don't care that he asked her out. I had no emotional investment in this ridiculous shell of a man. But it's just another shining examples of the sheer lunacy of men. End of tirade.