The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Mail Room Men

The boys in the mail room are their own breed of men. Every time I go down there, they've got the hip-hop blaring and very little work is getting done. What do they do all day? One of them is a beautiful, beautiful man, I'd totally make-out with him, but he's attached to a lady, so I'm attempting to keep a distance from the hottie with a body. Because I am moving, another mail room associate is saving me empty boxes and lovingly bundles them together and puts a handle made of tape on them for me to get them home with ease. It's cute. But there's a third one. The one that actually delivers my mail to me everyday (I know, I'm a corporate snob. Boo-effing-hoo). He is incessant with his flirting and attentions to me. Today he asked me when I was going out with him. And he was serious. I have no idea how to play this one off. I have never been good at rejection, giving or receiving (ha, you could substitute "oral sex" with "rejection" in that last sentence and it would also be true!). I gave some sort of laughing response that he couldn't handle me, which is probably true, and sauntered off. But now it's awkward and I can't resume my flirty friendship with him because I don't want to encourage him. I'm too flirty. I flirt with everyone- the gay guy next to me and the straight girl on the other side of me. It has previously and continues to get me in trouble.