The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, July 08, 2005

A Night Out

Chloe's Recipe for an Ego Boost:

-Make Plans to go out with a friend
-Go home after work, change out of work clothes into going-out clothes
-Add a little eyebrow shading and some lipstick
-Walk out of building, turn right and head for the subway

Yields: Various shouts of "Hey Beautiful!" and "Damn baby, you look SEXY!" (That is a direct quote.)

Seriously. I love my neighborhood.

Last night I went to a concert with Michelle. We were stuck on the floor behind Tragically-Hip-Young-Love. It was all I could do not to vomit. I don't know if it was the too tight plaid pants with the string of bullets as a belt, or the constant and incessant kissing and touching in all sort of inappropriate places for public viewing. Ugh. I'm sure that they found me, in my black capris, white tank and jean jacket with my Kate Spade slung over my shoulder, equally as repulsive but at least I wasn't vomit-inducing. Seriously blegh.

Also, I made progess in my journey towards jaded and cynical last night. Michelle introduced me to some of her friends. One of them paid particular attention to me, buying me drinks, kissing my hand and whatnot. A month ago, I would have completely bought it. I would have thought, 'He likes me!' With my newfound knowledge due to The Asshole Parade that has been my life for the last few months, I was able to understand that he was only saying these things because he wanted to see me naked and moaning. Ya, not gonna happen. I let him continue to buy me drinks and then left him with just a kiss on the cheek. I'm learning the game! Joe, you'd be so proud of me!