The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Friendship at the South Street Seaport

I've been having some very bad days. I feel perpetually one wrong look away from bursting into tears, and kindness recently being shown to me by a certain very wrong individual has me near emotional collapse. In the midst of the drama that is my life, I had an unexpectedly amazing evening with a remarkable person.

I've been friends with her for a while, but we were never really close friends. We ran into each other at a party last Saturday and decided to meet up for dinner, last night being the chosen night. She's someone that I've always admired for her faithfulness and dedication to our mutual religion. Last night, during dinner, I found myself telling her that I had recently lost my virginity, and despite all of the moral implications involved, I found her to be the most understanding and empathetic person yet. We talked for hours and hours about everything and nothing. I think we could have talked all night. For the first time since the event took place, I felt like I finally found someone who understood everything that I was thinking and going through and who didn't judge me for my actions. I don't think she'll ever understand how much her oasis of friendship meant to me.

The really crazy thing is that this girl is beautiful. Seriously beautiful. I have always been in awe of her classiness and has-it-together presence. Guess what she asked me? She asked me if I would teach her how to pick up on men! Hahahahahaha! Oh, the irony of that request.