The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Miscellaneous

This morning on the subway, I was standing and there was a man sitting directly in front of me. He very blatantly let his eyes rove up and down my body. As his eyes made the ascent, lingering way too long at the breast level, I met his stare head on. I gave him the not-even-if-my-life-depended-on-it look. It completely didn't register. He just went right back to unabashedly ogling. Yuck.

I've decided that if I knew them personally, Kate and So Midwestern, would totally become BFF with me. I read their blogs and find coincidences that are startle even a jaded New Yorker such as myself. They are witty, smart, intelligent and although miles and backgrounds make us as different as could be, I feel a kinship to them and the struggles we all face. Why are there so many amazing women out there who feel so alone? Do men ever feel the same anxieties that we do?

I found a gray hair this morning. I plucked it out and kicked it's ass just for thinking it had the right to exist.

Running into co-workers at the drugstore on your lunchbreak is not my idea of a good time. There are 20 million Duane Reade's in this city! Go find another one and stop bothering me and my box of tampons. Fuck!