The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Play Ball

I laughed this morning. A good hearty laugh. The first time in days. Never mind that it was because my next-door-coworker had been waiting anxiously for the clock to strike 9:00 so that he could buy tickets to Dolly Parton (which he did, at exactly 9:04). I am laughing again. It also helped that I had a great night last night. Michelle and I barhopped all over the Village and ended up at this great beer garden on Avenue B, where they were showing the Yankees-Red Sox game.

I forget how much I love baseball until I'm watching it again, and the tension has me digging my fingernails into my palms and the crack of bat has my heart soaring. I love baseball. I love the way the batters lift up their outer leg to get more power in their swing, or the sure aim of an infielder getting someone out at first. It's poetry to me. I love it when the Yankees beat the Red Sox and give Curt Schilling the what-for after he showed us no mercy last October.

And so. I'm happy again. I'm seeing the Wedding Crashers tonight, which I'm certain will provide me with a great deal of amusement and possibly a party tomorrow night, which has the potential to make all of my wildest dreams come true. More on that if it actually happens. Don't want to get all your expectations up.