The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, July 18, 2005

A date on the horizon...

In the words of Keanu Reeves- woah. What a weekend.

Friday was nice and mellow, Pomme Frites and the Wedding Crashers. French fries and lots of laughter is always a good recipe in my book.

Saturday was a trip to Ikea in the morning, where is was surprisingly not out-of-control packed like it usually is on a Saturday and we were able to make our purchases without incident. Saturday night- I went out. That's out- with a capital O. I went over to my friend's house beforehand and she convinced me to ditch the camisole which then left me displaying the most amount of cleavage that I have ever gone out with. It was pure insanity. It took me hours before I was even remotely comfortable. But now that I am aware of the power that such a display holds, I may be convinced to do it more often. All dressed up and ready to go, we made our way to 40/40, a club owned by Jay-Z (who we saw while we were there, very exciting!). I will admit to a little naivete, but I thought I knew what to expect at this place. Nothing could have prepared me for the sheer meat-market that I encountered there. Karen and I were really just there to do some booty-shaking, not get laid. Apparently, everyone else was there for the latter purpose. I've never been propositioned more in the entirety of my life. None of the offers were tempting. I mean just because I'm not a virgin anymore doesn't mean that I'll start having sex with people that I've only known for an hour. Sheesh! But I did go home with the bouncer's phone number (he was the only one not creepily accosting me!). He told me to call him, so that my number would be stored in his phone, so I did. Then he called me 4 times yesterday! We're going out on Thursday. My rule- NO expectations.

Last night- I went sailing- in the New York City harbor. It was gorgeous and slightly rainy, but we had a really good time. Apparently, this is weird behavior for a New Yorker. Who cares? My new basic motto is that if I'm going to enjoy it, I'm going to do it. End of story.