The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Jitters

So, I've got a date tonight. He's adorable and Jamaican and has called me almost everyday since we met. Dates always make me so nervous. I worry about being relaxed and funny. I don't worry nearly so much about being cute as I do about being funny. Clearly my priorities are a little out of wack. Mail-Room Guy has gotten wind of the date and barrages me with questions about it. More questions than he has the right to ask, that's for sure.

There's a new guy who sits right next to me at work. He's cute and he loves baseball. He PLAYS baseball. This could potentially spell trouble. I've already sweet-talked him into taking me to a Jets game later this year with his season tickets. Maybe we'll just be sports buddies. Boys and girls can keep relationships platonic, right?

BTW- I was just riding in the elevator with a very famous person (male), and we both got off at the same floor and he totally squished me out of the way to get out of the elevator first. Apparently, when you are famous, the rules of chivalry don't apply.