The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Run, Chloe, Run

Dear god in heaven, my left calf muscle is going to be the death of me before this day is over. It's totally my own fault, for running pretty hard when I hadn't run in a long time. But I forgot about how much I love running and I didn't want to stop. Around a mile and a half, I started to get a cramp in my left calf muscle, but I ignored it and just kept going. I recently read an essay by Kristin Armstrong, about how running helped her to get past her divorce with a certain famous biker, and she talked about how we are defined by our ability endure pain. I decided that I want to be the kind of person who can endure it and endure it well. I don't want to stop when it gets too hard, and not just in running, but in every aspect of my life.

See how good running is for me? I need to do it more.

Day 2 of the new me. So far, so good.