The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Say, what's in this drink?

Winter has officially hit New York City. Last night, I stood on a median in the middle of Houston (pronounced How-ston) St, using Email Boy as a shield against the blustering winds, with tears streaming down my face from the cold (my eyes are very sensitive), whining at the top of my lungs about how frigging cold I was.

I may have been cold, but I was also triumphant. After months of eating only at IHOP because Email Boy is a bit of a finicky eater, I talked him into Indian food last night, mostly because we were seeing a movie at a theater on Houston and my favorite Indian place is right there. If the movie had been playing anywhere uptown, I'm sure IHOP would have been the designated dinner place.

At the Indian restaurant, Email Boy let me be in charge of the ordering, although he then proceeded to argue with me on my choices. Once the food arrived, he devoured the appetizers, finished all of his food and half of mine. By the end of the meal he was forced to admit that I am a far superior diner than him and that he must bow to all of my demands regarding food from now on.

Then we went and saw Volver, which I have to admit, I didn't really get, but that's partly because I fell asleep. Indian food does that to me. Plus I was exhausted from not getting any sleep at Cam's the night before, as he had been restless and had kept me up all night with his tossing and turning and making an entire meal which involved the microwave at 1 am.

Confession: I am wearing a thong today. I used to be repulsed by them. I have officially been converted. Plus I love the no-panty-line result.

Today's Title from: Baby It's Cold Outside, by Dinah Shore and somebody else that I can't remember.