The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, December 29, 2006

So ya stay at square one

I'm tipsy. And angry. And frustrated.

Reason for Negative Emotions #1:
A lot of drama is going on with housing in my life right now. My best friend, Karen, and I have decided that it's time to live together. My apartment (which is a 4 bedroom) is legally completely mine. My name is the only one on the lease. I can do with it whatever the fuck I want to. I was planning on not re-signing the lease in April so that Karen and I can move in together. Some things have gone awry in her apartment and it has been decided that her and her fantastic roommate, Shannon, will move in with me. That means kicking out some of my roommates, which I am legally allowed to do, since they are not on the lease. One of the current roommates was only staying for 2 months anyway, so I don't have any troubles with that situation. Other roommate, who I am SOOO happy to see go (she is uptight and judgmental) is not quite so easily taken care of. Because I am a nice person, as soon as it was decided that Karen and Shannon would move in with me, I told Amy (uptight and judgmental roommate). That gave her 6 weeks to find someplace new. She told me today that she is moving out this weekend and is thereby sticking me with her portion of the rent for January. NOT HAPPY.

So, just to spite her, I got out the bottle of wine that I've been holding in my bedroom for the last year, since I didn't want to offend her with alcohol in the apartment (she doesn't drink) and started drinking. Not a good idea on an empty stomach. After a frank discussion about how she has to give ME 30 days notice before she moves out, which is why I require a deposit when she moves in, we both agree that we'll each go half for her portion of the rent for January.

But I'm still pissed.

I did her a favor by telling her as soon as I did. I could have waited until January 1 to tell her to make sure that this didn't happen, but I wanted her to have as much time as possible to find new housing.

So basically I screwed myself by being a nice person.

Reason #2 for Current Negative Emotions:
Birthdays are a BIG deal to me. I make a big deal out of other people's birthday's and I love making a big To-Do about mine.

I HATE planning my own party.

But I'm doing it anyway.

And it's making me nuts.

I hate it.

Reason #3:
I want to call Cam. I want to tell him that I'm having a bad day and that I need him. But I'm not going to do it, because I'm so afraid that he's going to tell me to hose off. I'd rather go without him than risk him rejecting me. And I hate it.

Happy New Year's Everyone!

Today's Title from: Frustrated by Joan Jett