The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

But you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York

I'm realized that my life is very small- geographically.

The island of Manhattan is about 2 miles wide, by about 10 miles long. It's not very big. And I often find that I can't remember the last time that I left it. Now that I am no longer dating/fucking Scott, The Man Who Lives in Queens- I am fairly certain that the last time I crossed the East River was to go to the Mets game in October. And I definitely haven't been to Jersey recently, I know I'd remember that.

I do pretty much make the best use of space on my home island though. Cam lives at the very top of the island (a mere $8 cab ride from me, LOVE it. And yes, we had an enormous fight and then really fabulous make-up sex, so he's back in the picture and is becoming awfully attached to me, it's very interesting!). Karen lives in Spanish Harlem, so I've got the East Side covered. I work smack in the middle of the island on 42nd street. And my favorite place to socialize is the West Village- around 4th street. I don't get down much further than that though, unless I'm drinking in the Lower East Side or shopping in SoHo.

But really, the beauty of New York is that physically it might be small. But everything we could possibly want/need is right here within the 2x10 mile radius that is our world.

Except my family.

And The Cheesecake Factory.

Today's Title from: New York by U2

Labels: