The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Take a cha-cha-cha-chance

I've said it before and I'll say it again- wow, what a weekend!

It was Karen's birthday on Saturday, so the weekend was filled with plans in her honor.

Friday Night:
Just Karen and I went and grabbed some salads and then saw a movie together. Other than the sheer joy of just being with her, the night was relatively uneventful, until the phone started ringing. Mr. Wrong. I didn't answer. I didn't answer all SEVEN times that he called. Once he even left a message, which he NEVER does, where he said that he knows I'm upset but he wants a chance to make it up to me.

NO THANKS!

Saturday:
I went running, then I went to dance class, then I wanted to die, so I went home and took a nap. Later that evening, Karen and I and two other friends went out to Moroccan food which was scrumptious, then went to a lounge in the West Village and played ping pong which was the most fun that I've had in a LONG time. None of us were very good, so we couldn't ever keep a good volley going and the ball was constantly flying all over the place and hitting other people. I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.

After Ping Pong we headed to 40/40 for some booty shaking. As I stood outside the restroom waiting for Karen, a familiar face walked past me. It was Chris, Marc's cousin who asked me out at Marc's big birthday dinner a few months ago and I had turned him down very badly. It did not go well. He lives in New Orleans, but we've actually talked quite a bit since that night as he is launching a business that I happen to know a lot about, so he enjoys picking my brain. He was ecstatic to see me, gave me a huge hug and told me that he was there was all The Boys. So he takes us back to a lounge room in the back and the fun just continues. Marc is there, but I'm tired of playing his games, so I spend most of my time talking to Chris and Marc's brother, Josh, whom I adore. Chris is drunkenly completely smitten with me. He's always got his arms around me and kissing me cheeks or my forehead. It was cute. It was nice to be adored. It got a little awkward when Chris was taking a picture of me and Marc, and Marc reached down to grab my ass, but all in all it was some pretty good times. And I walked away regretting having written Chris off because I was distracted by Marc those months ago. Wishing I could have another chance.

Sunday:
Dinner at Karen's house. I cooked.

Appetizers:
Stuffed Mushrooms (stuffing made of cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, bacon, scallions, and lemon juice- SOOO delicious!!)
Artichoke Cheesebread

Dinner:
Homemade chili

Dessert:
Fun-fetti cake- per Karen's request

I should start hiring myself for dinners for special occasions, because I'm turning into one heck of a chef. I was quite pleased with myself.

And now the weekend is over, and ridiculously enough, I can't stop thinking about Chris. He sent me a text last night to tell me how happy he'd been to see me. But I don't know where to take it from here, or if I even should, considering his very close friendship with Marc and that he lives in New Orleans.

Dating sucks.

Today's Title from: Birthday by The Beatles