The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Girl don't play the fool

Today is my birthday.

It's barely 10, and I already had a breakfast party and received a bouquet flowers and a bottle of wine.

It makes me feel better that the party on Saturday night did not quite go as planned. It was a good night, in all. And now I know who my real friends are. Marc was there. We ended up taking a cab home together, but nothing happened. I'm beginning to realize that I think that this one is never going to be anything more than a fantasy. And maybe it's better that way.

I am officially done with Scott for good. I know that I keep saying this, but this time I genuinely really mean it. I have already blocked him on IM, and if I could figure out how to block his phone number, I would do it. I officially hate him and it feels good.

Karen and I were talking last night and it was funny to hear her say that her resolution for this year is to be more open to dating and relationships. Mine is the exact opposite. My resolution is to stop believing that they all have potential, that they're all good guys, and to keep my heart as locked up as humanly possible.

I refuse to hurt anymore. I refuse to give anyone that right. From here on out, I will be Cold-Hearted Chloe.

I may rethink that in the future. But I think it's going to do me some good right now. At the very least, I will probably stop crying.

Today's Title from: Cold Hearted by Paula Abdul