The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'm so tired of being alone...

I got my birthday present from my sister yesterday, I couldn't be happier with it. She's the absolute best. And I'm not just saying that because she reads this blog. Hi Tiffy!

My birthday party/gathering is taking place tomorrow night. I am equal parts pee-my-pants excited and terrified that no will show and that I will have to face the reality that I just might not have any friends. The horror!

I'm stuck in a bit of a funk. I have my on days, but I'm also having some very serious OFF days. The tears have been copious in the last few weeks and it takes almost nothing to set me off. The touble mainly centers around one word- Alone. I feel it. Acutely. I'm terrified at the prospect of turning 30 (one year away) and still being in the exact same place I am in now- terrible at dating and still having to admit that I have never had a REAL long-term relationship. Ever. Doesn't that sound exciting?

Here's hoping the birthday party is hopping with friends who love me, and that I get out of this funk by the end of the weekend.....

Today's Title from: So Tired of Being Alone by Al Green