The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

With the blink of an eye you finally see the light

Saturday night, January 6th.

I am standing at the bar talking to Email Boy, and his friend, George. Email Boy says something that makes me laugh, and I throw my arms around his neck and turn to George and say, "I love Email Boy!"

I feel his arms slip around my waist and squeeze me tight, "And I love Chloe," he says.

How did we get here? I wonder. Two years ago, I would have gladly handed this man my virginity. I fantasized about it approximately 200 times a day. I obsessed over every communication. I counted the minutes until he responded to my emails. And a text from him sent me over the moon with happiness.

Somewhere along the way he has become someone that I absolutely cannot live without. Now, if he doesn't respond to my emails I call him and berate him for neglecting me. Now he texts me regularly at 7 am, and I want to kill him for it, especially when I am in another time zone and he's testing me to see if I turned off my phone. We tell each other everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. I asked him once if he tells anyone else the details he so willingly shares with me, and the answer is no.

He once was telling me about a girl he met, he describes her as having the most amazing personality and then says that hanging out with her is like hanging out with me.

I could call him and cry on his shoulder. I don't. But I could.

2 years ago, I probably would have been pissed to learn that our current relationship would be the outcome of my obsessive love for this man.

But I couldn't be happier about how things have turned out. I don't believe for one second that there is any sex that is better than knowing that he is there when/if I need him.

Today's Title from: Amazing by Aerosmith

Labels: