The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Self-Medicating

The past two mornings, I've woken up not sure if the events of the previous evening had been real or imagined. Luckily yesterday morning, I was naked in bed with the person the events had taken place with, confirming that the activities had indeed taken place.

Since memories were a little hazy and I was all alone in my own bed this morning, it required a phone call or two to confirm that- last night, I did, in fact- smoke weed for the first time in my life.

And after an initial bout of panic/paranoia, I quite enjoyed it. One of my biggest problems in life is that I think too much. I overthink EVERYTHING. I can't turn my brain off. It makes me NUTSO. And the lovely thing that I discovered about smoking weed was that it was as if someone had flipped a switch, turning off all the background noise in my brain (Scott who?) and I wasn't worried about ANYTHING.

It was a beautiful, beautiful moment for me.

I think I'm going to need some tomorrow night when Scott doesn't follow through again.