The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Would I Lie to You?

I blatantly, flat out lied last night.

I was talking to the New-Guy-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (trust me, as soon as we're getting it on, you'll know about it, things are still VERY early and new and there's really not that much to tell) and he asked me when the last time I had sex was. I told him two months ago (referring to the last time Mr. Wrong and I hooked up).

The truth is- it was last Friday (not Mr. Wrong, don't get yer knickers in a bunch).

But I didn't want to explain to him all the reasons behind the actions. I didn't want to tell him about the most painful 5 minutes of my life on Friday afternoon, where my gynecologist scraped cells off my cervix then put them in a little tube and sent them off to be tested for cancer. Or about the subsequent running dialogue in my head regarding my concerns with my mortality, and where I decided that on my death bed (should it be in the near future or many, many years away), I'm sure I won't be thinking, "Gosh, I wish I'd had less sex!"

Because, kids, I'm definitely not having enough sex. 28 years old. Less than 15 times. I'm not such a fan of those numbers.

I HATE to say it, but... I wish I had a boyfriend.