The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, June 12, 2006

The Days are Just Packed

So, I'm beginning to understand how a person could develop an addiction to gambling. I bet on my first horse race on Saturday at the Belmont Stakes. The horse that I bet on, after being behind the whole race, ended up winning in a very exciting finish. And the rush at having risked (a whole $10) and won, was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. I wanted to bet again and again and again. After losing in the next race though, I cut my losses and just enjoyed the view for the rest of the afternoon. I hadn't expected to enjoy myself as much as I did.

Certainly more than I did on Saturday night when I went out for some ass-shaking with my girls. We started at a new club and all the ingredients for us to have a good time were there. Good music, enough room to dance and a decent enough atmosphere. Having fun is much more about who you're with than where you're at in my opinion. But there was one, who wasn't satisfied, she has a bit of an obsession with always being in the best spot at the hottest club. She wanted to leave and go to the Meatpacking District, but with no specific destination in mind. So we wandered around for about an hour, while she assessed where to go and not ever really coming up with a clear answer. Did I mention it was COLD? Once we couldn't take it anymore, we went into a diner for some hot chocolate. But she was pissed that we didn't want to stand in the cold anymore following her every whim, so she spent the whole time we were there on her cell phone.

Yes, it was irritating.