The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Still Not Getting Any

I was at a party on Friday night, pretty low-key, eating a cupcake, drinking some orange soda, when around 1 am-ish, my phone rang. Mr. Wrong. He was about 5 blocks away from my apartment. Which was unfortunate, as I was in Battery Park City- the opposite end of the island. I told him I could meet him, but I couldn't get there in anything under a half an hour. He tells me to meet him at Will's house, which is a few blocks away from me.

Karen and I leave together in a cab and after I drop her off, I call Mr. Wrong to confirm where I am meeting him, and he doesn't answer. I call Jake, who I know is with him, to see what's going on. Jake tells me that Mr. Wrong had dropped him off, then went to park the car and hadn't returned yet. He had been parking the car for a significant amount of time, and I don't know what's happened to him (anything's possible), so I just go home.

The next day Jake calls me to fill me in on the Disappearance of Mr. Wrong. The idiot fell asleep in his car, which made me laugh so hard I almost cried. I still find it to be spectacularly amusing. The shitty thing is that I've been sworn to secrecy as Jake was specifically ordered NOT to tell me what had happened, so I can't even make fun of him about it!!

God, that's hilarious shit.

The rest of the weekend passed in a bit of a blur. On Saturday I went to Poughkeepsie with some friends, for reasons that are still not clear to me, as all we did was go to the Vanderbilt Mansion and watch The DaVinci Code.

Last night, I went out with Michelle and the boy that she's dating, who is so wonderful that he restores my faith in men. When I was leaving to head back uptown around 12:30ish and was contemplating how to get home in the cheapest and most efficient manner, he hailed a cab, gave the driver some money and told him to take me home. I didn't even know men like that existed!!! I can't even be jealous or spiteful about it, because she absolutely deserves it and I am desperately hoping that it works out for her.

Labels: