The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Can I Get an Encore....

The weekend was... interesting.

Friday night was potentially one of the best nights of my life. I met up with the guy, Ray, that I met at Marc's party for a promotion-getting celebratory dinner. He was the perfect gentleman. He ordered a bottle of my favorite wine, we shared an appetizer and he let me eat most of the dessert. Then we cabbed it to Radio City Music Hall for The Best Concert of My Life. People who made appearances at The Roots concert- Mos Def (I love him, I love him, I love him), Erykah Badu, Dave Chapelle, Jay-Z. Seriously. My cheeks HURT from smiling so much. And it was the first time in my life that I never wanted the concert to end. UNBELIEVABLE. After the concert, we went and played pool for a few hours. And it was very comfortable, as if we had known each other for months, instead of it being a first date. And he couldn't stop kissing me. He kissed me when he would leave to go get drinks. He would kiss me when I said thank you for the drinks. Any excuse to kiss- he found it. It was cute.

We left around 2 am and shared a cab, which went to his place first, as I live farther uptown than him. In the cab outside his place, he tried to get me to come up, but I was firm in my refusal and continued on my way home. He called me to make sure I got home okay. Very sweet.

Saturday morning I met some friends for delicious, delicious brunch. Then the mani/pedi and then because the water was turned off in my building, I went to the gym, did some good solid running then had to shower there. Not my favorite thing. Scott and I had plans (which had been in the works for over 2 weeks) for me to go over to his place and he would cook me dinner.

I called him at 5:45. Here's how the conversation went:

Scott: Hey
Me: Hey, what's going on?
Scott: I'm just about to cut my cousin's hair.
Me: Okay, are we still on for tonight?
Scott: yeah, I'll call you back as soon as I'm done.

An hour later, nothing from The Big Dumb animal and I am making plans with my best friend. I go to meet her for dinner and at 9:00, I write the following text message:

We're done. Please don't contact me ever again.

I hand the phone to Karen and make her send it for me, because I don't think I can do it. She pushes 'Send' and hands the phone back to me as tears stream down my face right in the middle of Vynl. I should feel liberated. He can't hurt me anymore. Instead, I just feel sad.

Karen and I go to a movie and Ray calls while I am in the movie. I call him back later and he thanks ME for going out with HIM, asks me if I want to get together the next day (Sunday). I say sure, he says he'll call me and then I just go to bed.

Sunday comes and goes- no call from Ray. I delete his number out of my phone and spend the rest of the evening solving everyone else's problems, but no clarity on how to solve my own.

Labels: