The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I Just Can't Win

So, I'm working on moving past Scott, talking to my best friend about taking a break from all men, blah, blah, blah and actively avoiding checking two things- myspace and my phone.

I can only go so long without checking my phone and I check it briefly when I get back from lunch. A text message. In my heart I want it to be Scott, in my head I'm thinking it's my nutso friend, Cammy, who it always ends up being everytime I'm hoping for some communicado from my dark-skinned amour.

Wrong on both counts.

"Hello sweetheart."

From: Marc

Did I mention that I saw him recently? He had a party at his house. I went, I shook my ass and had a phenomenal time. I met an interesting guy (said he would call, OF COURSE he didn't) who walked me to the corner and stayed with me until I caught a cab. As we were leaving, we passed Marc, who grabbed me and kissed my cheeks until I had to push him away. He smacked me on the arm everytime he passed me and got a little freaky with me once when I was dancing.

I'm not reading anything into anything here. It's just interesting, his... timing.

Labels: