The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Love Letters

I am emotional. I'm totally PMSing and I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of tears. It's no fun. And I've been thinking this morning, about how I never show love to the important people in my life. I come off as a man hater- but there are lots in my life that I love. Today is a love letter to them.

Email Boy-

I love you because you're the only person I've ever met who's humor is almost identical to mine. I love you because your text messages make me laugh out loud at inappropriate times and when you text me at 8 am, I'm always late to work because I can't stop myself from responding every time you write. I love you because you love maps. I love you because I've known you for 2 years and you've always been a respectful gentleman and have only just recently shown me your dirty side (the text message about how a new car is like a new girlfriend? HILARIOUS!). I love you because we have enough inside jokes to fill a large novel, and they never stop being funny. I love you because you surprise me with compliments and I never have to doubt their sincerity. I love you because I know if I needed you, you would be there.

Kevin-

I love you because you want what's best for me. I love you because you yell at me about sleeping around and pull my hair when I say 'fuck'. I love you because you're so strong, because you've been through SO much in your lifetime, and you've come out of it as an amazing, amazing person. I love you because you understand how important it is to treat the people in your life with respect. I love you because you love your mom so much. I love you because you let me do your dishes for you on Thanksgiving after you sliced your finger open carving a turkey. I love you because you invited me to Thanksgiving dinner and your Destination Birthday Party, which I am so excited for. I love you because I've needed you, and you've been there. Every single time.

Andy-

I love you because you're the most beautiful man ever to walk the face of the earth and you always get so embarrassed when I mention it. I love you because when we make plans, no matter how far in advance (such is your schedule), you always follow through, or reschedule in an appropriate manner. I love you because you let me stay at your apartment when the MTA was threatening to strike and made me a bed on the most fabulous egyptian cotton sheets. I love you because you're not afraid to cry in front of me. I love you because you've told me some of your deepest darkest secrets and they only show how amazing you truly are. I love you because you see the real me, in any situation, and hate it when I am untrue to that.

Shaun-

I love you because you're you. I love you because we've fought tooth and nail over the most ridiculous issues and you NEVER let me come out on top. I love you because you took me home with you twice and introduced me to your amazing family, who I will love forever. I love you because you've maintained our friendship even though we've been 2000 miles apart and haven't seen each other in almost 3 years and you've even gotten married and become a father in that time, an excuse for a lesser man to drop off the face of the earth. I love you because you see beauty in me inside and out and you aren't afraid to tell me that. I love you because I've cried to you a lot, and you still love me. I love you because you don't judge me.

See, I'm not such a bitter horrible person! Baby steps.....