The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Possibility

I've been reluctant to talk about a situation, due to the nature of my incredible bad-luckness when it comes to men. I met a guy around the beginning of April. There was chemistry but the meeting was short. We exchanged phone numbers. He called, often, but he immediately left for vacation for almost 2 weeks, and it's been tough to get together due to conflicting work schedules and what not. We have talked on the phone almost nightly. And there was a lot of text messages and even a phone call while he was on vacation.

Today, we had lunch.

And as far as first dates go, it was pretty awesome. He's hilarious. Much funnier than me, which is a little troublesome, but I could get used to it. There was a lot of touching. Him touching my hands across the table, my knee under the table, putting his arm around me when we were walking. A brief goodbye kiss right on the side of my mouth in front of my office.

We're going out again on Saturday.

A text message 10 minutes after he left me that read, "You looked absolutely yummy."

I like him. I really like him.

But I'm scared. How do we know when they're just in it for sex? How do we know when we can trust them with our heart? How do we separate the good ones from the bad ones? How do you know when it's real?

I'm very afraid.

Labels: