The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hairy Situations

I am thinking of making a major change in my life. I am considering...

Not washing my hair every day.

It's getting so LONG. It's a major pain in the arse to wash and blow dry every morning. Plus, I've heard multiple times throughout the course of my life that it's healthier for hair to not be washed every day.

I tried it out yesterday. And it drove me bonkers. Everytime I ran my fingers through my hair, I thought, "Ewwwww. Gross!"

Will I get used to it after doing it for a while? I didn't wash my hair every day when I lived in Russia and it was totally fine, but I also used about 1/4 of the hair product then that I use now.

Such a dilemma!

Side story regarding hair and Russia: Russian outlets work on a higher wattage than American outlets. I brought a converter over with me, so I didn't ever have to adjust the settings on my curling iron (I don't use one anymore) or hair dryer. One evening, I was over at another teacher's apartment, getting ready for the ballet with her. I turned her curling iron on high, like I turned on mine, not even thinking about wattage difference. As I picked it up to curl my bangs, I remembering thinking, 'Wow, this curling iron is hot!'. Then I placed my bangs inside the curling mechanism and immediately heard a sizzle. A little bit frightened, I pulled on the curling iron and watch in abject horror as my bangs came with it.

I had burned my bangs off.

I turned to the other teacher, horror and tears in my eyes (remember my vanity about my hair?)

She said, "Hair today, gone tomorrow!"