The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Happy Hour

I am wickedly tired today. I was in mega-boring meetings all morning where I struggled to stay awake. Blegh.

Still no word from Ray- he of The Great Date fame. Not too upset about it. I wasn't hugely emotionally attached to him. But definitely a little confused about his sudden disappearance. Is this because I didn't come up to his place when he asked? Would a guy have really forked over that much dough (dinner, concert tickets, drinks, cabs) just to get laid? That seems weird to me, but I'll admit that I'm still fairly naive in these matters. It takes me a while to get it when I'm only being pursued for nailing purposes (maybe because the concept of pursuing me strictly for the purpose of nailing me is SERIOUSLY whacked out, in my opinion. I mean, have you seen my ass?!?!)

Anyway. All assholes are on the back burner tonight, as I'm going out with my beloved Email Boy this evening. It was his birthday a few weeks ago and I missed all celebrations due to being out of town. He likes his drinks on the fruity side, so I promised him a Girls' Night Out to make up for my lack of appearance at his birthday fiesta. Apparently he knows a great bar with half price cosmos for happy hour, and we will spend all evening attempting to drink the other person under the table, hopefully this will not lead to any ridiculous behavior like me attempting to make out with him. There were about 4 HILARIOUS phone conversations last night regarding confirmation of tonights events as he's mildly slow on the uptake. Dear god, I love him.

Labels: