The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Holiday... Celebrate....

It's the end of Memorial Day weekend and my street is still HOPPING, and will continue to hop for many hours still. It's fun living in my neighborhood and being part of a community where everyone has been around for years and years. They even invite me to their barbeques and are always very welcoming to me. It's weird how much this place has begun to feel like home. Like I belong.

All I really have to show for the weekend is a couple of shirts from Banana Republic (my most favorite store EVER), finally getting around to buying a potato peeler (I LOVE potatoes) and one great date under my belt, which I have instituted a Not-Talking-About-It-Rule as I'm trying desperately not to jinx myself and ruin everything. I want this to happen naturally. Which means I have to keep the over-analysis at a minimum. Which essentially means turning myself into a different person. I'm doing surprisingly well. If things continue to develop, I will definitely tell about it. If not, then I don't have to write another post about getting fucked over and we all win.

I feel like I'm saying this all the time, but I have to admit to a certain contentment at this time of my life. Sure, things aren't perfect, I mean HELLO- could I possibly have worse taste in men? But seriously, life is pretty fucking phenomenal right now. I find myself talking about the people that mean a lot to me (Abby, Email Boy, Karen, L, etc, etc) and I realize that I am luckiest person in the whole world to have the people in my life that I do. I have great friends. I have a great family. I have a great job. I have a great life. You know what the best part is- I deserve this.