The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

All Grown-Up

I got a new bed last night. One of my roommates bought this gorgeous queen-sized bed a few months ago, and then decided to move back home and couldn't take her bed with her. Because I am tired of sleeping on a ridiculously juvenile twin size bed, I ecstatically took her up on her offer to buy it from her when she left. Especially since, as her roommate, I know for a fact that nothing but sleeping has taken place on that bed.

Last night, I went out directly after work with Mr. Wrong, Jake and their crew. I found myself talking to one of Mr. Wrong's very close friends and he offered to come over and help me set up the bed (with more implied, of course). I have been out-of-control horny lately and the offer was insanely tempting. He is particularly gorgeous and, him and I have hooked up a couple of times previously. In a moment of uncharacteristic self-control, I opted out and went home alone to set up the bed by myself.

I don't want to play those games anymore. I don't want to pit them against each other. I don't want to be in the middle of a casual sex triangle. It's not even remotely appealing. Is that what becoming an adult is? Weighing the repercussions against the actions, and finding that even though you may really, really want something, it inevitably- isn't worth it?

Weird.