The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, June 19, 2006

My Life in False Starts

I had a huge long post all written, chronicling the events of my non-stop weekend but it got lost in the publishing and it's gone forever. Pooh. S'okay though, it was kinda boring anyway.

I wrote a lot about Friday night, when I went out with a brand-new guy, Mike, who I had an incredibly hot time with in the basement of the Fat Black Pussycat dancing and making out. But I'm getting exhausted with all of the false starts in my life, and even I am having trouble keeping up with all of them. It's a 2-3 date maximum with all of them. It's infuriating! At least I am learning to be more realistic about how things will turn out and am able to adjust my expectations accordingly. After all the shit that I've been through in the last year, the last thing I need is more heartbreak. Here's hoping I'm smart enough to recognize the people that will hurt me and walk away from them in a timely manner.

Saturday and Sunday were filled with friends and shopping and good meals in good restaurants. I've been fretting over my lack of summer clothes and that my entire wardrobe is black on black with some pink thrown in, so I made a lot of purchases to attempt some sartorial diversity. I still walked away with too much pink. I may need a 12 step program for this problem at some point down the road.