The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Overdosing

"Do you think I can take 4?"

I asked my roomate as I popped two pills from the box of medicine she had just brought me, having been too weak and sick to go get it myself. She advised that maybe I should read the directions first. From the back of the box I learned that I was only supposed to take one at a time. Satisfied that I had already doubled the dosage, I snuggled back into the couch, to fall asleep for the 5th or 6th time that day.

After I woke up again, to my roommate getting awfully excited about "So You Think You Can Dance", I decided maybe I should eat something other than the Cheez-Its that had been providing me all my nourishment up to this point for the day. Top Ramen and Sprite. The Official Food of the Sick. Why does Top Ramen taste SO good when I'm sporting a fever and enough sinus pressure to almost cause my head to explode?

An hour later my roommate decides to do some yoga in the living room and asks if I mind? Nah, I don't mind, I'll just fall asleep, I tell her. The great thing about being sick? The ability to fall asleep on cue.

After another hour of sleeping on the couch, I decide that this is just silly and I go to sleep in my bed for the next 12 hours.

I wake up, not feeling any better at all (and having had some psycho dreams, which is par for the course when ailing) but I can't call in sick again. I take more medicine and hope for the best.

I can only get better from here, right?