The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Much-Needed Change

An interesting commentary on my relationship with my 2 olders brothers. They will be in Washington D.C. this weekend because one of my brothers is a professional photographer and is doing a wedding there for a close friend. Washington D.C. is easily accessible from New York. And even though they both live very far away from me on the West Coast, I will not be seeing them while they are so close to me, because they just don't really care. They haven't called to tell me plans or try to arrange anything. I called them and they told me that they would call me back when things were more finalized. Just like every other man in my life- I've heard nothing.

Does anyone else sense a pattern here?

And so, I'm removing myself from the dating scene. There's a few hangers-on that I'm sure will fall off in due time, and once they're gone, I'm done for a while. I'm not giving out my phone number to anyone. I'm not pursuing any situation that seems mildly promising. I'm tired of this shit. I can't take the broken dates, the lack of follow through, the too-early obsession with sex, or the silent phone anymore. I've kissed so many frogs, I don't believe in the prince anymore.