The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

An Assessment

Rest assured, I won't be posting about any major life-changing experiences from the previous evening today (unless drinking the equivalent of a entire bottle of wine counts as a life-changing experience, but I don't think it does).

I haven't heard from Scott since I left his place on Tuesday morning. I'm not surprised and hell, I had such low expectations, I'm not even disappointed. There's still that slim possibility that we might actually hang out tonight, but if I allow myself to believe that for even one second I'd have to kick my own ass for being so monumentally stupid.

Today is the one year anniversary of the day I lost my virginity. It feels like it was a lifetime ago, with everything that has happened in the last year. I guess this is the place where I take stock of what I've learned and hopefully use that information to make wiser decisions in the future. Will I still make stupid mistakes because I'm sometimes ruled by my libido? Almost assuredly. But maybe in the next year, I keep the damage to my heart at a minimum and find someone who's actually worthy of my time and my incredibly high sex-drive.

Yeah. Good luck with that.