The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Saturday Night Laugh-a-Thon

I am a total geek. Yesterday my roommate, Abby, and I bought maps. Wall maps. Of the US and the world. And then we put pins in them in all the places that we've been. My fingers and thumbs hurt today from pushing in the pins. But SO worth it. I love them. I love maps.

I had drinks with a very lovely man on Friday evening. It was one of those experiences where the whole world seems to melt away and you're the only 2 people on the earth. There were other people with us. They were completely ignored. Luckily they were able to fend for themselves, as we weren't interested in talking to anyone but each other. And it was interesting, stimulating conversation. Finally around 2 am, it was time to call it a night. He walked me to the subway, and gave me a very sweet and gentle kiss goodnight. Right on the lips too. Nothing I love more than a man who goes after what he wants.

Saturday night, Abby and I went to see a band play in the Lower East Side and the beer was free and by 12:30, we reached that point where everything that happened was hysterically funny. Our eardrums were blown out by the band? Hysterical! Singing along to Gold Digger at the top of our lungs in Pomme Frites? Hilarious! Flashing the camera in our elevator? The funniest thing, ever. A lot seemed to happen between 12 and 2 am, and most of it is a little hazy to me. But damn, I do remember laughing a LOT.

Overall. An extremely successful weekend.