The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Suspended Service on the D

I'm totally blog-slacking, I know, but I don't really have anything to talk about. I've pretty much been doing nothing but sleeping since I got back from my conference, so things are real boring around here. The weekend is pretty full though, so hopefully I shall have some interesting stories on Monday morning.

I did have the worst commute of my life this morning. There was a fire in a station downtown, which wreaked major havoc on my trains and caused me some significant irritation. As a general rule, I love New York City's public transportation. I love not being reliant on a car and that even during the wee hours of the morning, I can ride to my hearts content. But when something goes wrong with the subway system, especially during peak hours, it makes my life hell. I had to transfer trains 3 times this morning, and the whole process took 45 minutes longer than normal. Not a lot of fun.

Oh well. It's all a part of living in this city. I'm not going to leave, so I'm just going to buck up and deal with it.