The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Anything?

He didn't make it.

Through a series of adorable little emails, Marc (Neighbor Boy) and I tentatively planned to hang out on Sunday night and it was agreed that I would provide some form of baked goods.

And so, I lovingly prepared some delicious cookies for a large portion of the afternoon yesterday. All the while, thinking of him and how much he was going to love them.

Commence text messaging.

10:00 pm- He was stuck in Brooklyn at his Aunt's house, trying to leave.

10:24- still in BK.

11:00- he's just getting on the subway. I decide to pack it in and go home. I give all the cookies to another neighbor boy that we adore and go home.

12:00- I am walking in my front door and my phone rings.

"You're a little late, buddy," I said, "I just walked in my front door."

"I was just calling to make sure that you got home safe," he replied.

Awwww. We talk for an hour and a half. He promises me ANYTHING to make it up to me (Just for the record, the last time a man made a similar promise to me, he wound up being my first kiss. Offering me 'anything' is a little like handing me a loaded gun). I go to sleep with a grin on my face, wake up with a grin on my face, and quite frankly am making everyone around me sick with the grin on my face.

An hour and a half! In the wee hours of the morning! And he had to be up at 5:30 am! Could it be? Could it be the real thing? Does this actually have relationship potential? Does he really like me? If hoping were enough to make dreams come true, signed, sealed and delivered- I'd be his.

P.S. I was informed this weekend that I have the tits of a goddess. My life is officially complete.

Labels: