The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Worst Missed Opportunity, EVER

Here's a little something I found out last night

Guess what went on at 40/40 on Monday night?
Alex Rodriguez's birthday party

Guess who got a call inviting her to said party by a certain 40/40 bouncer, but ignored it because she was playing hard to get?
That's right, ME

Guess who I missed out on an opportunity to meet because of my foolish shenanigans?
DEREK JETER

Dammit all to hell! Words cannot express how much I currently hate myself.

Went to a Yankees/Twins game last night. All in all in was a crazy night. I'll give you a recap of the highlights.

As Michelle and I were walking in, she asked me if this game was important. I was explaining to her why it was important- Wildcard standings, AL East Division and what not, and the man in front of me turned around, started clapping and said, "Damn baby, that is impressive!" Ha, ha! I love it!

During the game, this girl kept walking past me and Michelle, she wore gym shorts that said, 'Gopher' across her ass, a Minnesota Twins T-shirt and this is not a lie- red ribbons in her hair and red ribbons on her shirt, tying her sleeves up. The ridiculousness of it! One time, as she walked past, she said to her, clearly brain-dead, date- "I don't see ANY Twins fans!" Uh, that's cause you're in New York, Ribbons. Now get the fuck out. Ugh.

As a high note to end the evening, as we were walking out of the stadium the large, beautiful man that I had noticed earlier was standing around right where we walked out. He smiled at me and I decided, what the hell? I went up and talked to him, I was charming and cute and funny and maybe the boldest that I've ever been. He reciprocated right up to the point where he told me he had a girlfriend. Ouch. But not before he told me that he had also noticed me. That's right! This man was WAY out of my league. He was 10 times more beautiful than me. He noticed me.