The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, July 29, 2005

My Favorite Dinner Companions

Holy shit. Hungover for the second day in a row. Yesterday was bearable. This morning required the official hungover breakfast- Jamba Juice and a breakfast sandwich from the deli next door. But it is so worth. Went to Cafeteria in Chelsea with 4 of the most adorable gay men, ever. We were at the bar for at least an hour before we sat down. Dinner included more cocktails, the coolest waitress in New York City and more gay information than a straight girl can stomach. There's only so much that I want to know about their sex lives. Really. But I love them all tremendously and could have stayed at that dinner until the end of time and been perfectly content, well, as long as I could leave occasionally to have sex. Then we just sauntered down 7th until we came onto a bar to keep us in alcohol.

In this bar, I got to have one of my most favorite conversations ever. The music conversation, with someone else as passionate about music as me. Some people listen to music purely for entertainment purposes. Some people feel music in their soul. I fall into the latter category. We talked and talked about the songs we love and why we love them, and how they define every era of our lives. Damn, that's good stuff.

It's a busy, crazy, full weekend coming up. Be prepared for some good stories on Monday.