The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

What a difference a day makes, Twenty-four little hours

Okay, so my continual adamant insistence that I am NOT dating is getting old. So, from here on out, you can just assume that I am not dating unless I say otherwise.

My houseguests are gone!!!! I've had 5 days of not being able to be in my living room because it was infested with my semi-skeevy cousin and his masquerading-as-a-nice-guy friend, neither of whom are particularly tidy. And after the day that I had yesterday, I'm rather enjoying spending some quality time just lounging in my living room.

They day began at 8:00 am, when I met Spatch at the marina at the World Financial Center. We boarded a boat for a day of sailing, my birthday present to her. It was a perfect day, the sun was just hot enough and the wind was just cool enough. Both of us have been stressed beyond all reason for the last week, so this was exactly what both of us needed. After landing at our destination, we had lunch at a local seafood restaurant, then boarded the train to return to Manhattan.

Upon arriving home, my houseguests, my BFF Karen and other roommate all got ourselves gussied up before heading down to the Brooklyn Bridge. First we ate at my favorite pizza place, Grimaldi's before I walked them across the Brooklyn Bridge where everyone agreed that it was, in fact, a vastly superior experience at night as I had told them. Then we headed to the West Village where we wandered around for a while, showing them New York City nightlife. After about an hour of this, my cousin needed to head home to catch his flight, so Karen went with him, but his friend and I headed to the club where The DJ was spinning and my girl, Nicole was working. We shook our booties for a few additional hours before finally getting home around 4, when he needed to start getting ready to head to the airport. I should have been a good hostess and seen him out the door, but I needed sleep with a desperation beyond all comprehension. It had been a long week of not enough sleep, and my body had reached its breaking point.

I crawled into bed and slept until noon. Something I haven't done in probably years. Sleep has never, ever felt so good.

This week is looking much less busy, and I couldn't be happier.

Today's title from: What a Difference a Day Makes by Tony Bennett