The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Just So Damn Tired

I'm here! I'm alive!

The new job is going great. But its a much smaller company than my previous employer and I'm much more concerned about posting at work, so i haven't had as many opportunities to write as much as before. But I bought a new laptop last weekend, so now posting will be much more accessible and hopefully you will hear from me more!

My life seems to be a series of crises these days insterspersed with moments of pure undiluted joy. The legal battle with my apartment management company continues to rage, as well as additional battle that is brewing after they have done little to solve my 6 month bed bug problem. Apartment trouble occupies almost all of my thoughts and time. I'm gonna be honest, it exhausts me.

I'm also battling myself with a friendship issue. A friendship that I treasured is proving to be problematic and its hurting me. I am completely unclear about where to go with it from here and I'm praying for clarity that isn't coming.

No change in my relationship or dating status. I'm 5 months into my most successful break from all the bullshit. It still feels good and I'm not ready to end it yet, so I'll just continue to ride it out, I guess. My (completely fabulous) therapist is concerned about my complete lack of emotion where men are concerned and is thinking that we'll need to work on de-thawing my new-ish Ice Queen persona. But for the most part, I enjoy the numbness. I spent too many years feeling too much. Not feeling anything feels good. Damn good.

And that's about it. Not much else to report. I'm sorry, I'm ridiculously boring these days.