The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Suddenly there's nothing I need more

Today is my last day.

Tomorrow is my first day.

And for as much as I’m enormously excited, I’m also very sad.

I started working at The Company 2 months after I moved to NYC on a temp assignment. Through a stroke of luck, I ended up getting hired on permanently and forever made my parents proud. The Company has been through some pretty difficult times in the last few years, and somehow I have made it through unscathed and constantly been moved to positions of more responsibility.

I can’t believe I’m leaving. I have defined myself with this job for so long, I feel like I’m losing a part of me.

I just have to keep remembering that something new and exciting and wonderful is just around the corner for me and in 6 months I will be ecstatic to have made this move.
Today's Title from: Complicated by Robin Thicke