The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So, you stole my world

So, I lead this weird kind of life where I vacillate wildly between amazing and god-awful rotten luck.

The Bed Bugs? God-Awful Rotten Luck.

The taping of The Colbert Report last night? Amazing luck.

When I first arrived, the people checking me in gave me a Klondike bar. I should have refused it, since they are 13 points!!! (BTW- total weight loss to date is 18 lbs). But I ate it anyway. Then, after a lengthy security process, we were scuttled into the studio. Before the actual taping of the show, Stephen Colbert does a Q&A with the audience.

I raised my hand.

Me: Stephen, did you enjoy the R.E.M. concert last week?
Stephen: Yes, yes I did. Were you there?
Me: I actually met you backstage.
Stephen: Oh? Did we make out?

Hahahahah. THAT was awesome.

What was even more awesome?

The guest..... was......

WILL SMITH

That is not a lie.

What is even more awesome than being within 20 feet of Will Smith?

He hugged me.

After he was done taping his interview with Stephen, he came over to the audience to shake people's hands.

Note, I said, SHAKE PEOPLE'S HANDS.

Did he shake my hand?

No. He gave ME a HUGE hug.

I floated on a Will Smith Shaped Cloud the entire way home. Once I got home, though, I had to put everything I own into plastic bags for the new exterminator coming today.

That, was not awesome. And will continue to not be awesome while everything I own remains in plastic bags for the next 5 weeks.

However, at the end of those 5 weeks, there should be NO bed bugs left. And then I will feel like I have the most amazing luck in the whole wide world.

Today's Title from: Best I Ever Had by Vertical Horizon