The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Another one bites the dust

Tomorrow night- Cam and I had plans to go to a Knicks game. I've been looking forward to this night for a long, long time. I had all sorts of fun ideas in my head about us kissing over good plays, holding hands on the way to the subway, then going back to his place together and falling asleep with him holding me tight, like always. Content that, for once, I was actually in a relatinoship that was going somewhere.

I wanted this night to happen. I wanted to know that he wanted to do things with me besides hang out at his place and have sex when he's in the mood for it.

The Knicks game was a perfect opportunity. He loves basketball. He talked about how he hadn't been to a game in about 10 years. A friend of mine has season tickets that she sometimes gives me some, and when I mentioned that I had the potential to get tickets, he was like a kid on Christmas morning. Ecstatic.

My friend, unfortunately did not have any tickets to give away any time soon. So, I used a gift certificate to Ticketmaster that I got from a vendor, and bought us tickets to a Knicks game after I confirmed with Cam a night that would work. He doesn't know I bought them. He thinks they were given to me.

He bailed on me.

The day before the game he tells me that he has to go out to Brooklyn to talk to his dad.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

His parents have become a convenient excuse any time I push the boundaries of this relationship, which are essentially the walls of his apartment. The night of my birthday party? He conveniently has to go to Brooklyn to be with his mom. The night that we've been planning to go to a Knicks game for about 3 weeks? He has to go to Brooklyn to talk to his dad.

I think it's time for this relationship to be over.

I'm tired of being his Girl of Convenience.

I'd rather be alone.

Heaven knows I know how to do that.

Labels: