The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Liberation

Despite having worked every single day for the last 2 weeks straight (and sometimes 2 jobs in one day), I am in suprisingly good spirits today. It could be that I'm wearing my new 3 inch heels and they are smokin'! Or it could be that in all my busy-ness, I haven't had spare time to obsess about men calling or not calling and I really don't give a rats at the end of the day. Damn, now THAT feels good.

Not caring.

It's so liberating isn't it? I got a text message from Email Boy on Saturday, I read it, I texted him back and put my phone away and didn't think about it for the rest of the day. I was busy as hell, and I don't have time for foolish men. Anyone not making a move is going to get booted. Text messages and emails just aren't going to cut it for me.

I continue in my nun-like life of celibacy. It's okay really. The idea of casual sex is so unappealing to me these days that getting into bed alone every night isn't such a bad thing. Another few months of this and I might start climbing the walls, but I will have learned a little more self-control in the meantime.