The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, November 14, 2005

House Guests from Hell

I'm FREEEEEEE. Free as a bird!

SIX DAYS. That's how long my friend has been visiting me and holding my regular life hostage. SIX DAYS!!! Six days of her not really knowing what she wants to do, and assuming that I will have a multitude of crazy and exciting plans at my finger-tips. After the first night that she was here (Read: Death By Alcohol Consumption) she was "uncomfortable" going out like that again, so all activities had to be liquor free for the remaining 5 days. Six days of pulling out our couch every night and making her bed for her and working at being a good hostess when it was her that asked if she could stay with me and not the other way around.

The trouble with living in New York- calls from people you're not really that close to who want to come and stay with you for days and days and expect you to drop everything and entertain them and make them believe that everyone lives just like Carrie Bradshaw. They make you go to Canal Street- oh god, I hate Canal Street, and to the MoMA, where we ran into Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connolly so it was totally worth it, but I still would have preferred to have been on my couch with a good book.

But it's over and I can go back to doing laundry and fielding booty calls from totally undeserving men.